Privacy Statement on the protection of personal data
The processing of personal data concerns a list of email addresses and information of individuals collected through the EMODnet Human Activities portal.
This processing is managed by the EMODnet Human Activities team in relation with the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet) initiative financed by the European Union under Regulation (EU) No 508/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund.
The Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and the ePrivacy directive (2002/58/EC, as revised by 2009/136/EC) are applicable. From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679) will also apply.
The EMODnet Human Activities team acts as Controller of the processing of personal data. If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
We collect personal data:
- when you download our data;
- for information and assistance: the e-mails stored in the functional mailboxes where the questions are sent can contain apart from the e-mail address the forename, surname, office address, phone, fax, organisation or institution to which the requester belongs;
- if you participate in on-line surveys;
Personal data are collected and processed in order to communicate with the data subjects about the EMODnet activities.
Your data are collected to enable:
- to enable the EMODnet Human Activities team to answer your enquiries and give you information concerning new developments and the use of the system;
- to enable sharing of knowledge concerning the usage of the system;
- to analyse errors to improve the operation of the system.
We will also use the data to prepare anonymous statistics about the usage of the site.
Collected personal data are treated according to the policy described in the above-mentioned Regulation.
Data will be used only for the above purposes by EMODnet Human Activities staff and in order to improve the service.
The collected data will be registered/stored:
- in database (hosted by the EMODnet Human Activities portal);
- in the contact/helpdesk mailboxes of EMODnet Human Activities portal.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
Your collected data will be treated confidentially and used only by the EMODnet Human Activities team, EMODnet Secretariat and EU DG MARE. No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned. The EMODnet Human Activities initiative will not share personal data with third parties for direct marketing.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is stored on the servers of the EMODnet Human Activities portal, processed and may also be forwarded by email to the expert responsible for replying to the enquiry.
The EMODnet Human Activities portal complies with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and the processing thereof, and more specifically with ePrivacy Directive.
The EMODnet Human Activities portal has put in place, and regularly reviews and updates, appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
You have the right to request a copy of your personal details at any time to check the accuracy of the information held and/or to correct or update this information. You may also ask your personal information to be deleted completely.
The data subject can send a message to the Controller or to the address mentioned under "Contact Information", by explicitly specifying your request to have your personal data modified or deleted.
6. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data is kept as long as follow-up actions linked to the above mentioned purpose are necessary. All personal data will be deleted at the end of the EMODnet Human Activities initiative.
7. Website operator and data controller:
In case you have questions related to this processing or concerning any information processed in this context, or on your rights, please contact:
The EMODnet controller responsible for processing these data (E-mail: email@example.com).
Europa Analytics is the corporate service which monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the European Commission's websites on Europa. It uses the open-source analytics platform Piwik which runs on a PHP/MySQL webserver. The installed instance is fully controlled by the European Commission and complies with EU data protection law. This means that it ensures end-user data protection thanks to features such as source data anonymization and opt-out mechanisms for users.
Europa Analytics' privacy protection aspects have been validated by the Data Protection Officer of the European Commission.Go to Europa Analytics